Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Second Semester, Day 2

As was the case last semester, I am the oldest student in my class. Thus far, however, my professors are older than me or my age.

Microbiology looks to be interesting. My professor is actually an M.D. who worked in trauma and E.R. medicine before deciding to teach. My math professor is from India and he seems to be pretty cool. I ca also understand him, as he doesn't have a thick accent.

Thus far, today, I have taken my first Art Appreciation lesson...well it was a review of the syllabus...the professor for this class did his undergrad work at LSU and wants us to call him Dave. It was no surprise to me that he is a flaming liberal, but I am not in school to try to fire up my professors with anything but stellar grades. This is one of those required core curriculum classes that I have to suffer through, although I'd much prefer to have a heavier science load.

This young grasshopper must be patient.

Day one in each class and I have already sussed out the classmates who will be disruptions or have an attitude problem. I suppose that as I progress into higher levels of classes, these students will become fewer and far between. At least I hope so. It seems to me, that as classes get more and more specialized, then the students in them will be there because they are committed to their major. Right now, all of my classes are core for the spectrum of an Associate of Science degree, as opposed to something more specialized like nursing.  I am also hoping that I am wrong about my fellow classmates in Micro...most of them are declared nursing or lab tech majors. I'm hoping that this will also be the case in my A&P I class, which begins in 2 hours.

Two of my 4 classes this semester are at a different, and bigger campus than my usual one. I like this new campus, it's far bigger and has everything within walking distance. It also has a separate science center, which is where I am composing this post. The set up looks nice..as do the labs.

All in all, not a bad beginning to my second semester in college. Here's to making Deans List again!

No comments:

Post a Comment