Monday, November 15, 2010

Fireplace Weather and Football

After the events of last week and this weekend, tonight was a chance to relax. The weather was perfect for a fire in the fireplace and for Monday Night Football. It's been a great game thus far, with Philly kicking Redskin ass; as I write this Philly is up 52-21. Michael Vick screwed up with the whole pit bull thing, but he served his time and still remains an awesome ball player. I just hope that he has genuinely changed his ways...I think he has.

After returning from New Orleans on Wednesday, and working on Thursday, Mike and I went to Galveston for an annual meeting of the colonels and I had a really nice time, in spite of the crap weather. The food was excellent and copious, the booze the same. The beach house we stayed in was beautiful. The only drag was having to leave at 6:30 Sunday morning so that I could work from 8 to 3...hung over.

Annnnd, the Eagles, just intercepted the ball from Washington, bringing the game to 59-21 with an quarter and a half to go in the game. Barring the second coming, I don't think that the Redskins will be able to overcome this team tonight.

Oh dear, Mike, my football fanatic, has just changed channels off of football and to Star Trek...apparently watching one team shame the other is boring to him. He may have a point.

Back to topic. No political round-up tonight...am too tired. Not that I haven't paid attention, it's just that everything I'd write has been written. However, I will share this hillarity. While I'm not a fan of SNL, they do, on occasion, come up with funny stuff:



Am also really pissed, though not surprised, that it's looking like KSM won't stand before the tribunal BEFORE the elections in 2012. Can we PLEASE start trying these animals and disposing of them?

How Do You Solve a Problem Like KSM?

And I said I wouldn't post a round-up.

Instead, here are some pics from this past weekend:







Here's a link to my honey's blog post on the weekend:
Council of Colonels...A Cop's Watch

That is all, except to say that the fire is really heavenly and I am so very relaxed. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment