Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hello, Yeah, It's Been A While....

Well, now that I have a computer again, and have rested up, I've deceded to blog a bit. If only to let my whole 2 followers know that I'm still alive. Well, 1 of them knows as he's my fiance', but whatever.

I've been working at a local department store for the last few weeks, as a seasonal employee, and now I remember why I haven't worked retail since I was in my 20's and working for Chanel.  Chanel was fun to work for, but retail SUCKS!  My customers are nice, but it's hell on one's feet. Also, it sucked having to be at work for 2:45 AM on Black Friday, with a hangover no less.  The line of people was wrapped around the building and when the doors opened, they came in an orderly fashion, but they kept coming and coming, like a tsunami!  I'd rather pay a few dollars more for the comfort of sitting on my ass in the recliner, in my pajamas, sipping a hot cup of joe and shopping on line. Which is what my dearest Mike did, while I was plunging bravely into the breach!  We really should buy Amazon stock.

Still, we got great deals on pretty much everything we bought, and I'm still shopping online, when I have access to "the toy" as Mike calls the laptop that I am currently hogging. We really need to buy ME a lap top. We have a desk top upstairs, but the kids hog that, and when Mike is at home, I prefer to spend time with him, as opposed to closeting myself in the guest room and playing Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook all day (which I can easily do, that game is so damn addictive!).

Speaking of Mike, he is so awesome. We haven't had a serious fight yet. Not that I want to have one, but it's a bit disconcerting that we get along so well...not that I want us to NOT get along, but you know what I mean. Like I said, Mike is awesome, and I can't believe that he puts up with me, my PMS and my love of couponing. Quite to my surprise, I have discovered that I enjoy being a homemaker and love to cook, now that I have the time to actually cook.  I really love the enjoyment that my family gets from my cooking too.

The hardest part has been getting used to taking care of a big house (I've lived in apartments for the last 12 years), sleeping next to someone who snores and cleaning toilets in a house that a man lives in. Woman are neater as far as the toilets go, and we will leave it at that.

I just thank God that the Playtex living glove has been invented.

The fact that we each have a female cat, and that they both think that they are the Queen cat, makes for interesting times in the house.  After we moved in, me and my kids and my cat Jingles, there were a few tense days... all hissing and spitting, but they eventually reached a detante of sorts. They can be in the same room, but if one gets too close to the other, well, we get cat like behavior complete with flattened ears, raised hair, hissing and spitting...oh and growling.

So, tonight, I have "the toy" since Mike left it home when he went to work. I think I've seen him for about 30 minutes over the last 2 days, as he pulled a double on Thursday and on Friday. He got home at 6:30 this morning, drank a glass of milk, kissed me then went upstairs and fell asleep. I went to work. He had left for work by the time I got home today and I have to be at work for 7:45 tomorrow morning. In fact I'm pretty much working everyday for the next two weeks.  God I HATE retail!

Mmmmmm...my  Au Gratin potatoes are ready.  I'm junk fooding it tonight, and I may heat up some left over chicken breast to go with it. Then again, maybe I will just eat the potatoes and leave it at that.  I love Au Gratin potatoes.

As for politics and current events, I've been follwing them, I just haven't had time to blog about them, Besides, there are plenty of others, who are more articulate than I am right now. I'm so tired, it's shocking how tiring it can be to just stand on one's feet all day!

Think that I'm going to go eat my potatoes now. Maybe I will blog later.

2 comments: