Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family Day Trip

We took the kiddos to Natural Bridge Caverns today, and did some spelunking...hopefully the kids will sleep early tonight what with all of tha walking and clinbing we did today.  I will say that the hubby and I will make a trip on the Harley, by ourselves, and hit this again; only this time we are going on the "undeveloped" part of the trip, which includes more climbing and NO lights save those on your helmet.  I also want to hit the zip lines, which were closed today.

The caverns were beautiful, it's amazing what nature does with water and dirt....





All in all, this was a great trip! My 15 year old did the typical, arms folded, pouty, omg why are my parents dragging me on this booooring trip, thing; but in the end I think she had fun. Not that she will ever admit it. My 11 year old, got her first taste of "really" exploring and as she wants to be an "explorer" when she grows up I think that today made her realize that one doesn't just wiz into a cave, Indiana Jones style.  She wasn't too keen on the darker spaces that make up the daylong undeveloped tour. She did like the idea of rapelling. She was also disappointed that there were no bats.   I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment