Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Rescue of the Miners....

I haven't been this enthralled since 9/11..thankfully this outcome better, so far.  I can't imagine what it must have been like for these men, as claustrophobic as I am, I'd have gone barking mad on about day 2. Actually, I wouldn't have gone down there in the first place.

If only the talking heads would shut up and let us just enjoy the whole scene, with minimal talk and minimal trotting out of "experts" telling us the obvious.

What I really think is cool, is the fact that the Chilean President and the First Lady haven't left the rescue since it began. They have been there to greet every single miner rescued thus far, including the lone miner from Bolivia, each man getting a bear hug from not only the President and his lady.

At any rate, I am happy that these men are coming out well before the projected Christmas date. I look at the faces of their wives and see the excitement and a little fear in their eyes. I, as the future wife of a cop, can understand (to a certain extent) their relief that their husbands are back home and safe. I don't obscess over his going to work every day, but I know that it can suddenly go to shit, so it's a new happiness for me every night when he comes through the front door safe and sound. And just because they are out of the mine, doesn't mean that their ordeal is over. I'm sure that there will be long lasting side effects from this; like PTSD and other things, so I will still have these men and their families in my prayers.

But today, as a fellow human being, am a happy, happy gal!

From Yahoo News

Michelle Malkin: Celebrating American Greatness & Pics From Inside

An Estimated 1 BILLION Watching the Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment